confiscating MP3 players

serverman

when u go to school the teachers can do anything to u, just know ur lucky in eastern countries they are allowed to beat u with a cane.

Actually in eastern countries, It is the school teachers, managers ... which has the full right and respect. They can do almost anything they want. If they are harsh to you, Your option is to change your school. Very rare happens parents sue some teacher at school. There's this image in people's mind that "student is always guilty". 

I remember when I was at school, There was this guy that had some awsome parents, always when he did something wrong at school, and school call for his parents, his parents always used to say the school teachers "You sure did something to my son, he wouldn't do something wrong if you won't annoy him" . And the boy was really guilty and rude most of the times, but this kind of support from his parents had made him so confident.  I was always jealous of his parents. my parents replies always were like "Thanks for calling us, we will talk to him" , which most of the time I hadn't do anything serious at all.  ^^

funny thing about probable cause is that saying no gives them probable cause.

No... there could be reasons why you wouldn't want people to snoop around your stuff even though you are not doing anything illegal. Like for instance things that would be embarrassing, just guarding your private life, or protecting yourself from power abuse.

when u go to school the teachers can do anything to u, just know ur lucky in eastern countries they are allowed to beat u with a cane.

Actually in eastern countries, It is the school teachers, managers ... which has the full right and respect. They can do almost anything they want. If they are harsh to you, Your option is to change your school. Very rare happens parents sue some teacher at school. There's this image in people's mind that "student is always guilty". 

I remember when I was at school, There was this guy that had some awsome parents, always when he did something wrong at school, and school call for his parents, his parents always used to say the school teachers "You sure did something to my son, he wouldn't do something wrong if you won't annoy him" . And the boy was really guilty and rude most of the times, but this kind of support from his parents had made him so confident.  I was always jealous of his parents. my parents replies always were like "Thanks for calling us, we will talk to him" , which most of the time I hadn't do anything serious at all.  ^^

my dad is old school pakistani, when teachers called him he would say, 'i see when he get home i show him'

funny thing about probable cause is that saying no gives them probable cause.

No... there could be reasons why you wouldn't want people to snoop around your stuff even though you are not doing anything illegal. Like for instance things that would be embarrassing, just guarding your private life, or protecting yourself from power abuse.

dunno.. I guess my own experiences with the law gives me a vastly different PoV about how blurry and wide that 'probable cause' line is.

Well, in my school, it depends on the teacher and the situation.  If you're in class listening to your MP3 player, not only are you a jerk, but you'd get it taken away.  If it's in lunch or the hall, most teachers don't care, but there's always the few that do. >_<

For real?

Yes for real.  Why would you think I'm not for real?  lol

For real?

I am 16 as well.

@corbin: Junior Year?

Graduated.

Kidding.  Yeah, I'm a junior lol.

haha, you actually had me thinking, until i scrolled to reply...

Were you born in 1992?

I suppose that evidence that has been gathered illegally will be invalid in a court of law, so it would be pretty stupid to illegally search something.

yeah but this is school we are talking about few students would do anything (or know that they could have) but schools are fast to give you what you want once you have the law backing you up and YOU MAKE YOUR SELF CLEAR that you know it is else they lie to you and say its on their side but it is rare fir the law to backup a student.

oh here is a fun reading for you. http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/studentspeech.htm

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.