Trying to learn web programming :PHP

jackson4me90

Doing a Google search on 'PHP + form handling' is a start. Dig around within those links to see which ones offer easy basic examples and explanations for you.

One of the traits of becoming a good learner is taking self initiatives in researching what it is you are trying to learn. While it is easier for people to spend time explaining everything to you, it is best if you take action and research things for yourself. You will in all likelyhood find a variety of material that will explain things better than what others might.

Yes thats true...but there are so many varities  and informations out there that makes me bit confused that which one to stick with, and lastly decided that askin question in  forum is much better, at least u people r bit by bit directing me to the right way...thanx to u,and i will also keep in mind what u just commented...I will try to follow your suggestion from now on ..

Regarding form handling:

First you need to understand what a web form is.  The easiest example is a website user registration form, like the one you used when you registered here.  Forms can have a variety of fields, and they can have different attributes - text, checkbox, radio button, etc.  These forms are created through simple HTML tags.  The 'magic' happens when a user clicks on a button to submit the information they entered into the form.  Processing form information is typically called 'form handling,' and that's where a server-side language like PHP comes into play.

A form handling script, at the most basic level, takes the information that the user entered into the form and does something with it.  What that something is depends on what the form is trying to accomplish.  Our registration form example would require the script to ensure that the desired user name isn't already taken by someone else, verify that the potential new user's e-mail address is legitimate, and, if everything checks out, store their credentials in the database.  And that's without thinking of other considerations like validating input and security.

The most common language structures in play here are the superglobal arrays $_GET[] and $_POST[].  So, that could be a starting point for your own research.

My sister is in college, and yeah, college book prices are retarded.

No shit. I overheard to medicine students talking today. One of them complained about having to purchase a book at 4000 DKK (720 USD).

o.O

I think the most expensive one I've had was a little over 200 USD, but I used it for 2 long semesters.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.