I just realized

nrg_alpha

it's Friday the 13th today.

As such, I just know it's going to be a bad day riddled with bad luck. Good thing I don't break mirrors or have to deal with black cats, otherwise, the day will be that much worse. I was in the middle of a crucial fire fight in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 when I realized this, and got badly mauled by a hail of bullets.. see? The day is kicking off on the wrong body bag already.  :sweat:

We had our company electrician in our server room this morning just putting some things in place for scheduled maintenance over the weekend (we'd planned on shutting down the intranet servers for a few hours) when boom!! He flicked a switch he shouldn't have and shutdown around 18 servers un-announced.

Caused about two hours of downtime. I'd forgotten it was Friday the 13th, seems pretty ironic now however.

There have been like 7 Friday the 13ths this year.

Also its Thursday the 12th for some users right now. Anyways, you actually believe in that garbage? Its all non-sense I tell you!  :(

Hmm.. perhaps I should have used  :sarcastic:  instead of  :sweat:  in my initial post.

I'm sitting at the airport right now and my flight home has already been delayed twice.

Better that then having your plane falling out of the sky. Was watching Mythbusters last night (it was an episode on where the Mythbusters shop to buy their stuff) and one oddball store was selling a parachute.. Jamie is holding it and mentioned it would be good to carry onboard as carry-on luggage for someone who is afraid of flying). Have you packed your parachute on this fine, Friday the 13th afternoon?  :sarcastic:  <--- for you, PugJr.

Better that then having your plane falling out of the sky. Was watching Mythbusters last night (it was an episode on where the Mythbusters shop to buy their stuff) and one oddball store was selling a parachute.. Jamie is holding it and mentioned it would be good to carry onboard as carry-on luggage for someone who is afraid of flying). Have you packed your parachute on this fine, Friday the 13th afternoon?

I bet that makes him feel much better. Although I was thinking exactly the same thing but was not going to post it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.