Layout Suggestion

In your layout, where announcements show in the header with the grey box, you have a break as well as in the footer.  I would suggest simply adding a br tag to the header and footer to solve this.

I'm not sure if it's in all OS's, but I know it happens in Linux Ubuntu using Firefox, which happens to be what I use.

I'm not sure if it's just a problem that occurs on Linux or what, but in my sites I've always just added a br and it's fixed no problem.  It doesn't affect anything and will not change the length of the site.  It will just fill in the gap.

I too get the same layout as OP, screenshot below.

I am using Firefox 3.6, I might add.

What OS?

It's a 2 second fix for any and all OS's it's "broken" on.  Just add a br tag at the top and bottom of the index.template.php inside /Themes/default/ and the problem will be gone.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.