database visual

cssfreakie

Hi all,

normally what i set up a database i get a pen and pencil and just start drawing, after that i make it digital with inkscape (a 2d grafics program) But that takes quite some time. Does anyone maybe know simple tool (not to advanced) to quickly make a database more visual, with diagrams and relationships between tables. I have searched a bit, and even instaled some, but they are all pretty advanced and farm from what i mean with visual. So in a njt shell a simple program to create a visual database, with tables and relationships

Cheers! ::)

Thanks gristoi,

I'll certainly check it out. I tried another workbench before, but it had so many options, and it seemed more like a programming language that I removed it. I'll give it ago :)

Thanks!

Check out http://www.gliffy.com

It's a free UML/database/general diagram web app.

WoohoOOOO that is awesome! that was exactly what i meant.

Thanks a bunch!

for some reason i need visual stuff to insert it in my brain, this will certainly help, thanks!

-edit: seems i had to search for the word uml  ::)  (if i were english i probably would have found it myself :D )

I searched a bit more with the magic word "UML" after i saw it's only free for 30 days (poor fellow here ::) )

And i found this: DIA there is only one word for it and that's : AWESOME

Its free, it has loads of graphs and other stuff

So if anyone needs this DIA is the bomb ::)

thanks for the magic uml word!

I personally vote for MySQL WB, has everything you'd ever need ;)

I just tried work bench and it seems to be really nice. I first opened up the wrong application that came with the package, opening up some sort of command line thingy. Really nice, although it doesn't allow to edit the look and feel of the the boxes, it makes that up by the ease of inserting tables. Have to take a closer look to it though, but it sure looks promising.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.