gamble

Hello,

I am brand new to this forum so I am not sure if I am posting in the right place but I will give it a shot:

I have been making PHP Classes for a while and thinking about giving away/selling them. I currently have a Flat file database Class that allows you to turn a text file into a table within a database. The queries are easy for example: select('FROM users WHERE username=hello');. This Flatfile Database contains many of the same functions as mysql. I decided to make this as i see mysql is being discontinued in the next version of PHP.

Another class i have created is a login class. Setup is easy of course, all you have to do it simply include the main file(all in a folder called Login) and then wherever you want it simple past this code: new gLogin();. TADA you have a login.

Please post any questions, concerns, or requests for new classes.

Thank you,

gamble

This Flatfile Database contains many of the same functions as mysql. I decided to make this as i see mysql is being discontinued in the next version of PHP.

You did notice that it's the mysql extension that is going away, right? MySQL will still be supported through better extensions like mysqli and PDO.

You did notice that it's the mysql extension that is going away, right? MySQL will still be supported through better extensions like mysqli and PDO.

Thank you for that information. But people may still like the idea of a Flatfile database. They tend to run a lot faster with smaller projects such as a simple website that has a few items that you can purchase. 

If you want to share your code, try using Github.

I have considered it to get my name out there then start to charge for other stuff. Would you be interested at all in any of the listed projects?

Thank you for that information. But people may still like the idea of a Flatfile database. They tend to run a lot faster with smaller projects such as a simple website that has a few items that you can purchase.

That is why the SQLite project/extension exists. If you want to try and re-create such a thing be my guest, just be aware that such things already exist on a much more functional level.

Clearly you then have no idea about the possibilities/workings of a database. I, and many others on this forum, can beat your flat-file solution where your application will look like a slug crossing the road and ours the rabbit running loops around you.

Edited by ignace

So a new member joins and you sit here and brag? Fuck you and the forum...figure you would have some sort of respect. You think your such a great fucking coder...obviously not if you have time to waste on this piece of shit forum. Adios assclown I'm leaving.

Was my comment really that offensive? Nothing in my post was untrue, flat-file is incredibly slow due to disk read/seeks. If your data set is small you can store it all in memory, you can't beat that with a flat-file.

figure you would have some sort of respect

I do. I didn't call you names nor did I have to resort to the F word. I called you on

But people may still like the idea of a Flatfile database. They tend to run a lot faster with smaller projects

Becuase it is not true.

Edited by ignace

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.