Your advice counts! please review

djroadstar

I,m building a website and i need your advice on security and the layout.
I,m working 6 months on my website and it,s almost finished. The website is created in php and w3c validated.

All the feedback is welcome!

Take a look @ [url=http://www.koopeenpaard.nl/index2.php]www.koopeenpaard.nl/index2.php[/url]

[quote author=steviewdr link=topic=122566.msg505909#msg505909 date=1168941656]
Looks good and pretty solid.

It also holds up well while using the babel fish translator ( http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr )

Nice job,
-steve
[/quote]

I had have with delphi created een app that is using the babelfish Soap service. But babelfish is not 100% good.

[quote author=Daniel0 link=topic=122566.msg506117#msg506117 date=1168964042]
I think it looks good, except that the "Latest advertisments" (I suppose "Laatste advertenties" means that) looks weird in some way. Sometimes the image is in the bottom and sometimes it it at the top.
[/quote]

I,m working on it right now  ;D

You are using too many colors with the link color. You have a green top, and overall color scheme, with orange accents isn't bad. However, I noticed that the orange links, the hover over color needs to change to something else. That dark blue doesn't really look good.

Agreed with Latest Advertisements, hope that gets fixed. The links under that, not only should the hover over color be changed, but I think it would look better if it was bold.

[quote author=djroadstar link=topic=122566.msg506121#msg506121 date=1168964296]
[quote author=Daniel0 link=topic=122566.msg506117#msg506117 date=1168964042]
I think it looks good, except that the "Latest advertisments" (I suppose "Laatste advertenties" means that) looks weird in some way. Sometimes the image is in the bottom and sometimes it it at the top.
[/quote]

I,m working on it right now  ;D
[/quote]

The image width was to big..... i resolved the problem

it looks good as a whole.
i tried to register (i think!) without any details. I got to step 3 submitting empty forms, and even then, entering a bunch of junk on the 3rd step i got a (what I guess is) welcome message about checking my email. You need to put some better validation in the registration process.

[quote author=redbullmarky link=topic=122566.msg508038#msg508038 date=1169148478]
it looks good as a whole.
i tried to register (i think!) without any details. I got to step 3 submitting empty forms, and even then, entering a bunch of junk on the 3rd step i got a (what I guess is) welcome message about checking my email. You need to put some better validation in the registration process.
[/quote]

The most settings are not needed. Link the fist name. If you don,t put the name in it, it will auto create. 

But what do you thing how i can improve my website?

• 2 weeks later...
[quote author=djroadstar link=topic=122566.msg505609#msg505609 date=1168903618]
I,m building a website and i need your advice on security and the layout.
I,m working 6 months on my website and it,s almost finished. The website is created in php and w3c validated.

All the feedback is welcome!

Take a look @ [url=http://www.koopeenpaard.nl/index2.php]www.koopeenpaard.nl/index2.php[/url]

[/quote]

I like it, I'm obsessed with having the images in the background controlled in css.  I noticed your banner was!  :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.