INTERNET ANTI-VIRUS? your opinion please...

bilis_money

I'm planning to buy a new INTERNET ANTI-VIRUS with anti-spyware, anti-virus and firewall features.

now i want to hear your opinion, comments, suggestions and recommendations because currently I'm using

AOL FREE ANTI-VIRUS that i think it's not effective and doesn't remove these insects in my computer.

Which do you think is the best NORTON?, MCAFEE?, PC-CILLIN?, PANDA?, AVG?, or any other cool anti-virus that i never heard before? and why? your experiences please? and your complete explanation?

Thanks in advance to you all PHPFREAKS people.

i have PC-Cillin and AVG here. PC-Cillin is long over its evaluation period, I just havent gotten around to uninstalling it - but it did the trick.

AVG though suits my needs too. However - you can be bulletproof to the teeth with AV software, but nothing compensates for due care and attention and a little paranoia. I've had only a single alert (other than Cookie stuff) in the past 2 years or so, just by keeping my computer up to date, my firewall on, and just being a bit careful with what I use/download.

edit: erm...unless i'm missing something, the phrase "two sandwiches short of a picnic" spring to mind  ;D

what do you mean CRAYON.

my intention is CLEAN.

Only ERIC knows that i'm good and not bad and the other old MODs here.

they know me deep inside. i'm trying not to post here as often as possible to not

to make mistakes.

I'm trying to post always on SITEPOINT and change my user name into different one.

so know one will recognize me anymore.

well anyway just like i said my intention is CLEAN.

uh...calm down buddy.  Lay off the prozac.  I was refering to ober.

On a sidenote: I can't say I really agree with people who change their names to not be "recognized."  I think it's lame, and is an indication of them not wanting to take responsibility for their posts.  I don't think there's anything wrong whatsoever having your "noob" posts linked to you.  That way people can see how far you've come from where you started out, to where you are now.  Maybe that's just me.

yeah i agree. i was pretty much useless when i started here not a hell of a long way back. however, we all had to start somewhere...

out of interest - this is doing my head in - bilis, what was your old username here? ask_james or something, with an eyeball as your avatar...

you don't understand CRAYON.

I am really not trying to dig that very OLD ISSUE anymore.

I just want to start a new personality and to obey rules and regulation here.

so they will not hate me.

I know they know me coz they got my i.p.

please i'm here to make friends and learn and not to fight with any old mate here.

i have also one BIG reason why i deleted that old username it has no relation with OBER and ME.

and it has no relation with that ugly avatar.

please don't dig on that old issue. i'm here to make friends and not to fight.

sincerely

If you want to hear my reasons just ask me.

and i will tell my true story.

again it has no relation with that old issue.

I'm praying and wishing that you will not hate me again.

I wish you give consideration and understand me.

sincerely

friends, friends, friends this is only what i want here.

It doesn't look to me like anybody's hating you, but that could just be me. I'm of the opinion that if a user comes back and behaves himself continuously, then there's no problem. Again, that's just me. But at any rate, I'm sure people don't need to know "your true story"; that's surely a personal thing.

Getting back to the topic at hand: I've been a staunch supporter of AVG Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware. I've never seen it miss a virus, its interface is excellent, and it's free. I don't use it much these days, since I've been running Linux, but whenever I need to recommend an anti-virus program to anybody I ALWAYS go with AVG.

hi NEYLITALO cute AVATAR buddy. :)

I was kinda going for the "cheesy" look, with the professional background and the shoddily drawn stick person. I created it mostly for Facebook, where everybody's got a picture of themselves for their profile - and I didn't want to put an actual picture, so I made that. It's kinda grown to be "my" avatar - I use it for everything. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.