How do you feel when your webhost goes offline?

MasterACE14

How do you feel when your webhost, crashes, dies, breaksdown or just goes offline?

rate yourself from 1 to 5

1. being the most annoyed and angry you can possibly be  >:(

and

5. being the calmest and couldn't care less attitude  :D

Note: please use the correct smiley for your rate, 1 is  >:( , 2 is  :( , 3 is  :-X , 4 is  :) , 5 is  :D

----------------------------------------------------------------

for me I'd have to say 2  :(

*ahem*  I do my hosting through web host freaks and serverpowered.  I don't get the least bit angry when it goes offline because I've always gotten excellent treatment from them.  I know they strive for 100% uptime (doesn't everybody) but nothing is fail safe.  I know they don't just willy-nilly go around taking servers offline for no reason; so if it is offline there is a good reason behind it.

It's inconvenient yes, but I hardly find it something to be annoyed or, worse, angry about.  I suggest that if you get angry at your web host you:

1) Switch hosts

2) Look into some anger management classes.  Life's too short to spend it angry over minor details.

• 4 months later...

I would not get angry at all. Though, nothing much going on at my site worth getting upset over. What I can't really understand is why people get soooooooo upset over such small things. Specially those who have no idea how the Internet/Computers works, as they are the one's who are the most upset. And that is all they do too! They threaten this and that but never actually switch hosts. I mean, if I was that upset over a single host, I would do the smart thing and leave, not sit there and complain for weeks on end about the bad service.

Sorry for the rant, I'm in the Webhosting support business so I hear a lot of it :(.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing really makes me angry at all.  It's kinda weird.  I'll probably kill someone someday over something tiny.

And, none of my hosts have gone down recently.  Oh wait!  One went down the other day for 3 minutes when I had a typo in a httpd.conf file on a VPS!

I don't mind too much really, I can always run off my home server when necessary.  Although about a month ago 1and1.com (my host) went offline for a couple hours (ish) and I came back to some corrupted files.  Not much, but some user uploaded files (important in this case) were listed in directories, but not retrievable (listed, but didn't exist).  That took some time to fix.  Only problem I've ever had with downtime though.

Lol.. think it's time you saw a shrink.

Nothing really makes me angry at all.  It's kinda weird.  I'll probably kill someone someday over something tiny.

And, none of my hosts have gone down recently.  Oh wait!  One went down the other day for 3 minutes when I had a typo in a httpd.conf file on a VPS!

One of my hosts has been down for about 5 hours now, and I can't even get a reason why.  I'm far from happy.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.