RIPIE

jcombs_31

We will not miss you IE6, and hope you rot in hell.

What Maq said 2!

In fact, make sure the grave is large enough and chuck IE 7 in there as well (hell, something tells me we might have to make room for the whole damn IE family).

Crocodile tears, Microsoft.. crocodile tears..

Are you a Cash fan Maq?

Not sure what you mean.

Your reply sounded like Johnny Cash from his San Quentin album.  :)

Oh Haha.  Although my comment wasn't from one of his songs, I am a fan.

What was better than IE 6 at the time? The only two browsers I was aware of back then was Netscape 2.0 and IE 6.0. And IE 6.0 completely massacred Netscape. So why all this unneeded hate? Its like putting down the old man.

Not to start a browser war or anything, but I'm using IE 7 right now as I'm typing this.  ;)

No point. I use FF2 for less secure and pop-up and banner type sites because FF runs slow on my computer. (I got an old computer). While IE runs faster but can't do anything against pop-ups, banners, etc.

So IE is more of my business like browser whereas FF is for more of a "google searching" browser.

I heard IE 8 has quite a few problems though and IE 7 has been doing fine. (Well, for the most part. :P)

What was better than IE 6 at the time? The only two browsers I was aware of back then was Netscape 2.0 and IE 6.0. And IE 6.0 completely massacred Netscape. So why all this unneeded hate? Its like putting down the old man.

Horse wagons were also the best means of transportation once. Does that mean everybody should use horse wagons today? If you were given the choice between a free horse wagon and a free Ferrari, don't you think choosing the horse wagon would be a moronic choice? Wouldn't you be annoyed if a lot of people taking the moronic choice jammed traffic on the highways because horse wagons are damn slow compared to a Ferrari?

Microsoft has no respect for standards in the web world.  It bugs me.

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,241805.msg1140447.html#msg1140447

Oooo interesting read.

I had never thought about it in the feature race sense before.  (Although, they still showed no care for standards compliance, no matter what the reason was.)

Don't know what I really thought before...  lol.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.