Object Oriented Programming in PHP

JonnoTheDev

There have been many posts on this forum in regards to beginners learning Object Oriented Programming in PHP. It is a difficult concept to grasp when you are new to the principles and benefits of this style of programming and can be quite hard to understand from some of the responses you may receive on this forum from more advanced members.

So, I stumbled across this website today which has video tutorials that explain the core principles very well. If you are a beginner then you should definately take a look and it should make the subject a lot clearer.

http://www.killerphp.com/tutorials/object-oriented-php/

Do you need help with some code you wrote? Ask here! We'll get you the answers!

How about you post this in Misc? Why it is here is beyond me.

EDIT:

I think this should be a sticky.

Has anyone ever read those?

The link provided, is actually giving you some answers for those who are having troubles. Like stated, some of the more advanced PHP programmers may be too complicated for beginners to understand. . . .

As the OOP topic is part of PHP, for people like me. . I wouldn't quite go into the Misc section for PHP when I could probably find it in the PHP part?

P.S Wasn't meant to sound.. angry or anything. :)

EDIT:

I think this should be a sticky.

Has anyone ever read those?

Just because you have a habit of not reading rules, stickies and other important information doesn't mean nobody else do...

Just as the OP has read the subjective description of the forum? I guess not!

EDIT: See? It was moved. Maybe I know the rules better than the staff, Huh? No one is worth their salt apparently.

The irony is, the person who moved it is not a member of staff. :shy:

Deprecating the working volenteered staff structure further.

Guru and PFR have never been considered staff. Read the stickies...

For the record, I still have the same permissions on the forums that I had before. You can consider that a warning. Stop trolling the forums.

For the record, I still have the same permissions on the forums that I had before. You can consider that a warning. Stop trolling the forums.

It wasn't right of me to nitpick at people, Yes, It is logically impossible to have a 'perfect', anything. Warning taken. I don't think picking at wrongs and rights will get me anywhere....

I agree with oni, i seen others post off topic to help and it just removed O_o;

Sticky topics in PHP Help are obviously not supposed to be asking for help. That would be pointless.

Seeing as no staff member has got around to stickying this yet, I'll just do it.

• 3 months later...

I will definately be taking a look at this.

I am learning a huge amount, apologies I should have looked at this first rather than starting up a thread.

Thanks ever so much for linking this tutorial though!

Thanks again,

Jez

• 10 months later...

OOP in php is now somewhat do-able, I wonder when AOP will be available

I was working on an Aspect.class thing and a replacement for require_once to load the proxies and stuff but my boss is really close minded.

public function anyway($you){

$this->see($you);

}

public function __construct(){

$world->addEventListener("Later",array($this,"anyway"));

}

//Anyway, see you later!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Really, This good site make in PHP Programming Language. Also, PHP is so popular and it is continuously growing is because it offers many advantages. PHP was originally non Object-Oriented but it has been fully upgraded to an Object-Oriented Programming language.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

TS:This is one of the better concept I have read,too bad w3school school is at the top of the page.

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/php/php_object_oriented.htm

This looks nice, although the document on killerphp.com is probably easier for amateurs to understand. Anyway an intermediate skilled programmer needs to understand all the concepts in the tutorial you posted and apply them nicely in real php applications. Without OOP, a coder is at best a beginner/amateur.

So I heard that a new book called Pro PHP MVC would be released by Oct 31st, cant wait to grab one. This is perhaps a good way for intermediate skilled programmers aspiring to improve into advanced programmers.

Without OOP, a coder is at best a beginner/amateur.

Bullshit.  And, quite frankly, I'm getting tired of you spamming the board with your unfounded "OOP is the bestest" tripe*.  Consider this a warning: any further posts that merely cheerlead OOP will be considered trolling and dealt with as such. 

*Lest you think I don't 'get' OOP, I use it every day, both in PHP and C#.