what would you perfer for gaming?

xcoderx

If you are into your shooters then a 360 anyday. If you are into strategy or Warcraft style MMORPG games, then a PC. I would only go for a Playstation if you really want the Blu-Ray player or aren't bothered about the online aspect of games as the multi platform games don't differ on either console. XBOX Live is the best online gaming service, far better than the PS Network.

I prefer to have the gaming on my big TV rather than a PC screen or having some kind of link from PC to TV setup. That is why I would have a console all day. I know PC gaming fanboys will be upset with this, but consoles are primarily for gaming and the idea of swithching on, pop in a game and away you go is great, rather than booting up, install a game, hope that the hardware is upto spec, etc.

Like Neil touched on, I think it depends on your genre preference. I personally prefer to play RTS and FPS games on a PC, but every other genre I prefer to play on a console. But which console? I don't know, they each have their pros and cons, which is why I have all three.

me njoy games like cod and stuff not very knowledgeable about gaming for im new into it. would xbox live support the dvd games like cod etc?

Of course. As long as it says XBOX Live on the box cover then it supports online multi-player. COD Modern Warfare 2 & Battlefield Bad Company 2 are two of the biggest military style shooters on any platform.

Since you're new to gaming, I suggest getting a console.  They're cheaper than a PC, and you won't have to worry about things like graphics cards.  I prefer the XBox 360 (better controller, better online services, better technical support), but be aware that access to the full XBox Live system costs an extra $50 a year.  I find it to be worth it, but you may not.

And yes, the newest consoles play the newest games.  That's kinda the whole point.  Just be sure to get the version of the game that's specific for the type of machine you own.  The PC version won't work on an XBox, for example.

I play on average of about 50-60 hours per week when I am not working.  I prefer them all. I make sure the first thing I get is all systems and whatever games I want.  Right after bills comes games.

If I "had" to pick a favorite it would be the 360.  There are a great deal of games for that system. But every other system is good as well. Anything on old systems now (nintendo, super nintendo, sega, or any other old system) you can use an emulator/rom setup for them on your PC. I have all the old systems but don't normally use them because I can play them on my computer.

Obviously you're don't earn your living playing computer games. Some people are ;)

It still doesn't seem like it would do much.  I mean, do pro gamers actually think "I would've won if I was imperceptibly faster?"  Has any Counterstrike, Team Fortress, Modern Warfare match actually been decided by mouse speed?

You know what hardware producers want you to think... ;)

Well, yeah.

Whenever I hear about gaming mice, I think back to the little startup I was working for a few years ago.  The kid in the office (18 year old) bought a gaming mouse which came with these little weight discs.  They weighed practically nothing individually, and hardly anything perceptible when 3 or more were used simultaneously.  He thought it was the coolest thing.  I thought he wasted his money.

But, I guess so long as some MLG guy the majority of the world has never heard of endorses one, 14-18 year olds will continue to buy them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.