147 replies to this topic

#81 KevinM1

KevinM1
  • Moderators
  • Snarkimus Prime
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:19 PM

Name: Kevin

I remember 'programming' on my Commodore VIC-20 when I was a little kid.  Basically, we -- my brothers and I -- would just copy the instructions from one of the books we had of fun things to do with Basic.  It was pretty cool making rockets out of *'s and watch them move up the screen.  And, btw, Gorf and Radar Rat Race still own.

I went to UNH to get my CS degree.  I did alright until I got to assembly, and basically was stuck for two years before I figured I should at least get some sort of degree from there.  So I went from Hell's Kitchen to Easy Bake Oven -- a communication degree.  Gotta love liberal arts.

Virtually all of my web development knowledge has been self-taught, either by me going to message boards like this one or by buying books and learning that way.  I'm still a newb, but I'm making relatively steady progress.  My university experience with C++ has helped in that regard, so variables, arrays, dynamic structures (lists, queues, stacks), and even simple objects are familiar territory.  It's just a matter of learning how to implement them and when to use them.
Using 'global' is a sign of doing it wrong

#82 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:56 PM

I'm still amazed that ASM is consistently the weed-out class that trips up most college students.

Info: PHP Manual

#83 warris

warris
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:16 PM

Im male 16 years old and work with PHP and Apache and I must say I really enjoy them. My name is Tom and I love to listen to music.

#84 AbydosGater

AbydosGater
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 435 posts
  • LocationAlways at computer!

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

Im only 14 now! only started programming last year! and already im flying with all i need, like you learning more everyday!

Oh and im male
www.abydosgaters.com

Current Project: Blog Application.. Undecided name.. Status: Coming along great.

#85 mithu_sree

mithu_sree
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 34 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:20 AM

Me
Mithun, 21, Male
India/Kerala/Kannur

I started programming BASIC when I was 12 and I now 21 working as a Software Engineer
I have been working with
C, C++, Java/JEE,
PHP, MySQL,
XHTML, CSS, JavaScript,
Linux Kernel programming..

I started coding PHP only a couple of months before.
--
Mithun Sreedharan

Let All the Beings in All the World be Happy !!
"Lokah Samasthah Sukhino Bhavanthu"

#86 Mad.Man

Mad.Man
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:36 AM

Ive just seen this so here it goes,

My name is Simon and I work in a bank giving people money when they want it from there accounts and adding up lose change of peoples and giving it as cash etc I live in England in Surrey and on my own. I love listing to music such as Kevin Federline,Snoop Dogg etc PHP is a very good thing for learning skills on a computer I think because it can be very hard at your first look at it.

Oh and I am male!
Mad aint the word

#87 neylitalo

neylitalo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,854 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:04 AM

We are, contrary to popular belief, intelligent enough to know the meaning of "bank teller". ;)

(Apologies if that's not what your position is called in England.)
http://nealylitalo.net - My personal website, and home of The Netizen's Journal.

#88 lszanto

lszanto
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 110 posts
  • LocationDown Under, Australia

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:32 AM

Name: Luke.
Languages: PHP, Javascript, Html, Xhtml, Xml, Vbscript.
About me: I started web design and html at about 14 and slowly became interested in web programming but I've only been seriously been into for about a year, I also enjoy skateboarding, soccer, futsal(indoor soccer.) and fingerboarding(skateboarding done with miniture skateboards using your fingers, kinda like tech decks.). I actually got into web design because of my hobby of fingerboarding cause people make web sites and sell minature skateboards and products online which proberly seems weird to you but I really enjoy it.

#89 rantsh

rantsh
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:21 AM

I've met good teen male programmers, never met a GOOD female programmer...

I'm 27/M
Roderick Smith.
Vivophone.com.
Get a free VIVOphone account with 30 prepaid minutes to call anywhere in the US (or some minutes to other places) by going to http://www.vivophone...hp?promo=SR0979

#90 .Ben

.Ben
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:37 AM

I'm 13, Male, and learning PHP. Pretty good so far ;).

#91 ted_chou12

ted_chou12
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,488 posts
  • Location@ Mars

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:37 PM

I started learning html pretty early, but after I found php coding, everything went more complicated. I started to contact with computers when I was about 7 or 8, but never thought of programing, but now i guess i am really addicted... ;D, btw. i am 17 male. :-\, hope you dont get that disappointed.
Ted
Currently working on a website called NetFriending.co.cc, it is a free social networking site, features such as guestbook, blogs, are fully customizable in NetFriending, also has a forum to help you get to know others, if you are interested in the site, the url is: NetFriending.co.cc Hope everyone can get involved because the site is still quite new, so not much people are there at the moment, please feel free to leave a comment there or send a message to our staff. Register Here The link above is for registeration, it is 100% Free and Safe, everyone there is friendly and you can build your network. Photo sharing upload your own photos as well!!!

#92 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

btw. i am 17 male. :-\, hope you dont get that disappointed.
Ted

OMG NOOOOOOOOO! I thought you were a Girl????????!?!?!?? I was totally in love with you but now I have to go kill myself.

Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#93 ted_chou12

ted_chou12
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,488 posts
  • Location@ Mars

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:37 AM

Really? by my display pic? :D, haha, i tricked you, maybe you should really

go (*inserted: and) kill (*manipualted: yourself).

Ted. ;)
Currently working on a website called NetFriending.co.cc, it is a free social networking site, features such as guestbook, blogs, are fully customizable in NetFriending, also has a forum to help you get to know others, if you are interested in the site, the url is: NetFriending.co.cc Hope everyone can get involved because the site is still quite new, so not much people are there at the moment, please feel free to leave a comment there or send a message to our staff. Register Here The link above is for registeration, it is 100% Free and Safe, everyone there is friendly and you can build your network. Photo sharing upload your own photos as well!!!

#94 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:39 AM

obviously there is a sarchasm between us. 

In other news,  I'm not sure if it's because it was exceptionally clever and I had to really think about it, or exceptionally stupid and I had to burn a few brain cells to think on that level; either way,  I am somewhat impressed by your quote of me.  It took me about 23 seconds to understand it.  That's fairly long in CV time.  To be fair though, I'm pretty damn tired.  It's way past my bedtime.  On that note, goodnight-night.
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#95 ted_chou12

ted_chou12
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,488 posts
  • Location@ Mars

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:13 PM

it might be due to the fact that i had just done an english in class essay today, thus making such weird quotes, anyways, good night...

#96 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:21 PM

well, the more standard (albeit not as descriptive) way of doing that would have been

go [and] kill [yourself]

#97 ted_chou12

ted_chou12
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,488 posts
  • Location@ Mars

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:43 PM

oh, you woke up?
btw, when i first saw your pic, i thought you are a girl as well..., and the quote from ober even lead me further in the wrong direction.
Ted

#98 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:47 PM

LoL, I didn't think you were a girl.  I was being sarcastic, in response to you saying this:

btw. i am 17 male. Undecided, hope you dont get that disappointed.

Again, I say:

obviously there is a sarchasm between us. 

notice the added link.

#99 ted_chou12

ted_chou12
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,488 posts
  • Location@ Mars

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:50 PM

oh, you are been sarchastic, but i am not, when i first saw your name, i misread it as "Crayon Violet", which makes it sound like a girlish name.
Ted

#100 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:55 PM

A lot of people miss the 'n' in Violent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users