#161 JasonLewis

JasonLewis
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,351 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

Sweet, I'm a 360er as well. Although I haven't been on Live in god knows how long. Gears FTW. :)

Anyway. Me... I'm 17, born in Melbourne, Australia. Moved out to the country as a little tacker and grown up in the sticks since. Still out here... In the sticks... No broadband, dial-up for me. Travel 60km everyday to get to school, boring after 11-12 years of sitting on the same bus.
Started web design when I was about 12. No PHP then, just HTML. Got into PHP at about 13 and a half, and have been happily coding it since.
Next year I hope to go to the Australian Army for the GAP year program.

It's interesting to read everyone's stories. :)
Good luck with your coding.
Jason / ProjectFear / Jaysonic

#162 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:48 PM

i got cusons in mrlborne
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#163 kazil

kazil
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

Greetings fellow coders  8)

I'm Robert, 22 years old, from Serbia. Into PHP for about 2 years now, did some smaller and bigger projects, currently I'm more focusing on finishing the college (only 2 more exams). Did a full time job as PHP programmer for 5 months, that was cool, but freelancing suits me better :)

A few months ago I fell in love with Zend Framework, using it quite well, but still have to learn a lot about it.

Besides PHP I was foolin' around with Python, hope I'll get back to it one day.

In my spare time I write my blog.

Listening to rock and metal music.

Cheers!
When it comes to security, paranoia is a virtue, not a flaw.
The magic of coding

#164 Maq

Maq
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 9,410 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:15 AM

I'm more focusing on finishing the college (only 2 more exams).

I'm almost in the same boat as you.  Did a web development internship since last semester and still working there.  I don't have 2 exams but 2 classes left till graduation in December.  Good luck to you!
tjmothy
ini_set ("display_errors", "1");
error_reporting(E_ALL);

#165 kazil

kazil
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:56 AM

I'm almost in the same boat as you.  Did a web development internship since last semester and still working there.  I don't have 2 exams but 2 classes left till graduation in December.  Good luck to you!

Good luck to you, too :)
When it comes to security, paranoia is a virtue, not a flaw.
The magic of coding

#166 R4nk3d

R4nk3d
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:08 AM

Ok, well, I'm 14 years old, I have been active in computers for about 5 years now starting when I was nine when my uncle first taught me a lot about them. I have known HTML for about 2 years now and i started PHP about 7 months ago. I also know sql, js, and css. I am looking to go to Farmingdale State College of Long Island, New York. I am hoping to get my Masters of Science so I have that for computer programming and then my Associates or Bachelors Degree in Art and Design for web/application design. I'm currently in a relationship right now. I also live in Southeastern, MI, US. I'd love to do some coding for you, so please just message me or e-mail me at kawasakisx14@yahoo.com.

Thanks. :)
Once you get to the top, the only way you can go is down.

#167 Maq

Maq
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 9,410 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:55 AM

Seems like there are so many young people on these forums.  I mean I'm only 22 but I keep seeing kids like 15-20 years old with more years experience than I have...  :P
tjmothy
error_reporting(E_ALL);

#168 JasonLewis

JasonLewis
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,351 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:26 AM

You calling me a kid? :P
Good luck with your coding.
Jason / ProjectFear / Jaysonic

#169 Maq

Maq
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 9,410 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

Yep, consider it a compliment.  ;D
tjmothy
error_reporting(E_ALL);

#170 aximbigfan

aximbigfan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:20 AM

My name is Chris.

I'm 16, own my own IT buisness doing small buisness/residential work.

I have been fluent in PHP for abotu a year now, and before that I learned JS, HTML, CSS and a few scripting langs.

I currently program:
HTML
CSS
JS
PHP
Bat
SH
C (learning)
VB (Learning)

I enjoy programming, flying (aiming to get my PPL soon, and am a member of my local EAA chapter (32)), biking (Kona!), and target shooting.

Chris

#171 R4nk3d

R4nk3d
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:09 AM

Yeah, I am quite young. I teach all the seniors in my computers in my class what to do since I've already finished every assignment for the semester and it's only the first half of the quarter so I have about 12 weeks to do anything I want in class for an hour. But I started coding when I was only 11 and I'm one of the smartest people in my school when it comes to computers, especially coding.

I'm also glad to see that there are a lot of other young people on the forum.
Once you get to the top, the only way you can go is down.

#172 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:33 AM

Ok, well, I'm 14 years old, I have been active in computers for about 5 years now starting when I was nine when my uncle first taught me a lot about them. I have known HTML for about 2 years now and i started PHP about 7 months ago. I also know sql, js, and css. I am looking to go to Farmingdale State College of Long Island, New York. I am hoping to get my Masters of Science so I have that for computer programming and then my Associates or Bachelors Degree in Art and Design for web/application design. I'm currently in a relationship right now. I also live in Southeastern, MI, US. I'd love to do some coding for you, so please just message me or e-mail me at kawasakisx14@yahoo.com.

Thanks. :)

i done a btech in digital media and then a bachilors honours in network science very similar to what ur proposing and a good combo.
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#173 KevinM1

KevinM1
  • Moderators
  • Snarkimus Prime
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:33 AM

Seems like there are so many young people on these forums.  I mean I'm only 22 but I keep seeing kids like 15-20 years old with more years experience than I have...  :P

Hey, you think that's bad?  I'm 28. :P
Using 'global' is a sign of doing it wrong

#174 Maq

Maq
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 9,410 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

Hey, you think that's bad?  I'm 28. :P

LOL, 28 is still young.  I'm sure there's much older than that on these forums.
tjmothy
error_reporting(E_ALL);

#175 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

maybe some of these guys saying there 16 are actualy old men with some twisted fetish where they like to pretend to be kids lol
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#176 Maq

Maq
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 9,410 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

maybe some of these guys saying there 16 are actualy old men with some twisted fetish where they like to pretend to be kids lol

sick...  but maybe true  :-[
tjmothy
error_reporting(E_ALL);

#177 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:43 PM

i doubt there are any 14 year olds that actualy can do much, think about it if you were doing php when u were a kid you would have a shit life, you would have been a slave all ur life. Php is a tool for work which is creative, people need your creativness and understanding of computers and php to make money from you, or you can make money for yourself with ur creativness and long concentration span with php understanding alone, you need computer architecture understanding, money you make yourself will be harder than making for somone else who brings in work for you. A 14 year old programming is not good, at 14 you should be learning what everyone else is and having fun in the world u live in not a virtual world, your body and mind will wither if you do it for too long, most PHP work is repetitive creative tasks come once in a while. Its a hard job when your programming its very intensive in a working environment, i get stress from coding and having code on my mind all the time and the lingering responsibility to applications whith alot of users.
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#178 Maq

Maq
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 9,410 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

i doubt there are any 14 year olds that actualy can do much

For the most part, but I'm sure there's a boy genius somewhere around here.
tjmothy
error_reporting(E_ALL);

#179 Daniel0

Daniel0
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

Reminds me of a member we once had. There was another member, a young female. Each time she posted that other member would reply and accuse her of being an undercover cop.

#180 Maq

Maq
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 9,410 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:53 PM

Reminds me of a member we once had. There was another member, a young female. Each time she posted that other member would reply and accuse her of being an undercover cop.

Haha that's funny, I wish they were still here...
tjmothy
error_reporting(E_ALL);

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users