My Site :-)

dragonusthei

first impressions are pretty good. however - your graphical elements far outweigh the text, etc for quality. the images kinda give a 'quirky' and friendlyness, whereas the text undoes it somehow. i think maybe the bold, solid black is possibly one of the reasons.

there are two sites that might be worth looking at for inspiration on how you can make things a little better.
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/
http://www.tomy.co.uk/

ok, so they're both kids toys sites, but they have a similar feel to them and both employ shopping carts.

hope that helps
Cheers
Mark

• 2 weeks later...
It's very nice. The flash navigation is really cool. I don't know if anyone else is finding this issue, but in Firefox 2.0, from the home page the dropdown menu at the top is not retracting on mouse out. I cannot duplicate the problem in Internet Destroyer (Explorer) or from any other page in Firefox, but its happening in FF.

Overall, the site is very slow responding (This is not a put down or anything, just reporting what I find). It may be that I am in the middle of the USA, and this site halfway around the world, but I have connected to sites in your neck of the woods and they were a little more responsive. It could also be the flash nav that's slowing things down.

Me personally, I cannot stand the default blue underlined hyperlinks. If you dig them, then more power to ya, but I think they are horrible looking.

That's my 1.25 cents. Hope it is useful for ya. Good job on the site overall though its nice.

Nathan

i quite like it. the flash navigation is nice, top job on that.
something that i noticed though... When I move my mouse over Dog Toys or Resources then move it off again the dropdown menu doesn't disappear. Not sure if its my browser, although I am using the latest FF...

Overall. Top job, I like it... :)

Pretty good, but a few points:

1) The hover color on the menus is blue... yet there's not another drop of blue in the rest of the design.  It doesn't look right.
2) I agree with the others about the text and the default "blue" links.  Again I'd stick to the color scheme you have going and at least reduce the font size just a bit.  I'm all about readability, but the bigger font just makes it look cheap and cheesy.
3) The red graphic in the upper right corner is a little pixelated... maybe you reduced it too much?
4) Always show errors for input with the form under it again.  Nothing annoys users more than finding out that they screwed up and then they have to push the back button or figure out how to get back to the form.
5) The "captcha"-ish thing you have is very weak and can be read by bots.  You're not really fooling anyone.  If you want to use some kind of verification, go full out and use an actual image-based captcha script.

Very nice site. I have tried using those Javascript fixes for flash, but then my site code does not validate anymore.  ???

How did you do that with the flash? I have created many things with flash over the years, But I'm no pro. I can't see how something like that is done..

Good job!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.