*hic*

Jessica

I had the hiccups on-and-off the other night, for about 8 hours - here's a cure that always, ALWAYS works for me.

Sit down, relax, put everything aside, take the headphones off - and concentrate. This is essential. (It sounds really weird, but so are most hiccup cures - and I'm serious. It works.)

Keep telling yourself "Watch for it. Is the hiccup here? Is it coming up? Is it now? Is that a hiccup I feel?" Watch for the hiccup. Wait for it. Wait to start feeling the hiccup. Just keep watching for it. You have to concentrate on it. The talking to yourself is essential - you want to keep your brain occupied with watching for the hiccup. If you hiccup, start over. Just keep watching for it.

It usually takes about a minute of doing this hiccup-free before I'm convinced that the hiccups are gone. While you're doing this, you should notice that you're taking quick, small, relaxed, breaths - that's the key. If you're taking big breaths, it might work, but probably not.

Oh, and the sentences in the description of the cure are short and terse for a reason - I find it helps me to think quick, short sentences to help with the small breaths. Call me a nut, but it works. :)

I had the hiccups on-and-off the other night, for about 8 hours - here's a cure that always, ALWAYS works for me.

Something in that post is lacking for me... If you have a solution that always, ALWAYS works for you, then how the heck to you have hiccups for 8 hours? LOL... Seems like your cure is something like "wait long enough, and they're bound to go away!"

;):D

Something in that post is lacking for me... If you have a solution that always, ALWAYS works for you, then how the heck to you have hiccups for 8 hours? LOL... Seems like your cure is something like "wait long enough, and they're bound to go away!"

;):D

Sorry, should have clarified... I would get them, make them go away, and then fifteen minutes later, they'd be back again.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.