Graphics Questions

carlg

I'll take a chance that someone here may know this.

I want to create a background that fades.  Starts out dark at the top and fades to white at the bottom.

msn.com is a good example of what I'm talking about.

I assume I need a graphics program.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Carl

Hey, thanks for the offer, but I'm trying to educate myself.

If I pay someone to do it, I didn't learn anything.

I believe I may need to do it again sometime, therefore best to learn.

I'm quite sure she meant it as a joke ;) . You can use software like the one neylitalo suggested - it's free. It isn't particularly difficult. Just point, click and drag (and release).

I saw a site once that generated a gradient using only HTML and CSS with no back-ground images.  If you want to do this for education only and not to make it look professional, you could find such a site, generate a page, and just snap a screenshot of it.  Crop it in MS Paint, save as a jpeg, and then start edumacating.

For website designing and only webdesigning, corel paint shop pro XI is the best. I don't care for adobe paintshop. - its way to complicated and costs a great deal of money.

Corel is actually very cheap like $70 and is extremely easy. it has good gradient tools and easy fixing tools. Its Gif / Png exports are really good too. The only downside is that jpeg compression sucks.

For website designing and only webdesigning, corel paint shop pro XI is the best. I don't care for adobe paintshop. - its way to complicated and costs a great deal of money.

Corel is actually very cheap like $70 and is extremely easy. it has good gradient tools and easy fixing tools. Its Gif / Png exports are really good too. The only downside is that jpeg compression sucks.

U could better get Adobe Fireworks (or Macromedia Fireworks for older versions) then corel paint shop pro. They're both crap, but at least Fireworks is meant to be for web. U could also get the cheaper version of photoshop (not paintshop) called elements. Anyway photoshop is the best tool u can get and im pro for the cost, but for the complicated thing, it just looks such, its a lot easier then it looks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.