About The New Forums

Philip

Highly annoying, especially when you consider how often we post code, in other words. Hopefully something can be done with that, to get it to preserve white-space when pasting code in the editor.

If you don't care much about the wysiwyg stuff you can disable that part of the editor and it seems to work fine regarding preserving indentation. I can foresee a lot of messy posts from new users though if it messes things up by default.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kicken: How do you disable it? I've checked my profile settings, but couldn't see anything there. I mean disable by default, and not just clicking on the "toggle editing mode" button each time.

The toggle sticks, you don't have to do it every time. I don't anyway. I just toggled it off when replying in the test board and it's stayed off for every other post I've done since.

Hi guys,

Great job!! This is how I dreamed the site to look and operate! I'm very proud of how well you handled the migration! I'm on mobile and think its great! Looking forward to the new beginning here! I see an incredible amount if potential!

Rock on! It's Showtime here at BMG Orlando! See you all soon!

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone; glad everyone seems to be enjoying the changes ;)

@Christian - the link to the static page was an old forum url that didn't work on the previous forum AFAIK. I'll update it soon with the new link. As far as the code, yeah... it's not the best syntax highlighter & we're looking at other options.

Ah, OK. Not a big issue anyway, but nice to have crossed the T's and dotted the I's. ;)

Eagerly awaiting the improved syntax highlighter too.

Other than these minor issues I have to say that you've done some extremely good work, and minors issues are par for the course. In fact, I'm impressed there haven't been more issues cropping up.

HA! no /me :-P

Well I noticed the smf>ipb conversion rendered /me to be a bbcode tag like

[me=.josh]foobar[/me]

even though ipb doesn't actually have that tag...so I made one in the hopes it would at least render it in the pre-existing posts, but apparently it doesn't retroactively apply...so that tag should work* for new posts, but won't show up in previous posts...

*work : well for instance you can do

[me]ponders the meaning of life[/me]

and it will render as

* ponders the meaning of life

or

[me=.josh]never leaves home without a towel[/me]

and it will render as

*.josh never leaves home without a towel

but I can't make it dynamically just pop w/ username or even do /me again w/out doing something more than what the interface offers, like make an addon or editing ipb files so for now this is what we have.

http://forums.phpfreaks.com/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=send&do=form says:

Scheduled Downtime

We're currently undergoing scheduled maintenance to improve the site. In this case, we're converting our forums to more stable and feature-rich software. Thus, the downtime might take longer than normal. We apologize for any inconviences that this may cause.

Need help or feeling like just chatting? Our IRC Channels are still up and running, so stop being shy and come say hello!

I've cleared my cache and that's the only page I've seen it on.