The 2nd Presidential Debate

DarkWater

How do you guys think it went?  I'm going to have to say that it went WAY better for the McCain campaign than the VP debate (Sarah Palin is a joke), but Obama still held his own against McCain.

Obama and McCain really seem to disagree on military strategies, and McCain seems to enjoy making things about Obama wanting to bomb Pakistan. =P

Also, the topic of Republican deregulation keeps coming up.  I agree with Obama on this one, and don't think that deregulating everything will solve the nation's (many) problems.

Probably the best point for McCain was when he was talking about the petty officer about the military, but otherwise, he wasn't that great.

Obama seemed pretty concise, stayed to the point, and he was patient with McCain's rhetoric.  McCain was pretty much all over the place and was kind of jumpy.  McCain needed to do more than Obama in this debate (he's pretty behind in the polls), and he just didn't really give it the effort.

Opinions?

Still lost. I've no idea what your talking about. Is this a US thing?

i think its the us elections i could be wrong

lol..a US thing eh? I feel like a victim to condescension or something....probably not though...might just be a UK/European/Australian thing..lol

Must be great not to have to hear about this stuff every where you go. (The Presidential Debates and what not)

I just wanted McCain to stop saying "my friends."

Oh jeez, isn't that the truth.  I keep thinking to myself that McCain would be much closer to Obama in the polls if we were having these debates sometime from 1920 - 1960.  His rhetoric style borders on vaudeville at times.  It just seems so awkward today.

To be honest, I felt bad for McCain while watching him move around the stage.  It's obvious that his age and war wounds are catching up with him.  He just looked like a stiff, frail old man as he moved.  It makes me wonder about his overall health, and makes me shudder at the possibility of Palin one day controlling the entire country.

Oh well, I already voted.  I got my absentee ballot over the weekend and already sent it in, so this debate and the next don't really matter to me.

why do you have a picture of a cat nipple in ur blog and is it open source software ?

It is my second cats paw I'll have you know! ;)

And yes its open source software, can't remember what it is exactly at the moment though.

why do you have a picture of a cat nipple in ur blog and is it open source software ?

It is my second cats paw I'll have you know! ;)

And yes its open source software, can't remember what it is exactly at the moment though.

According to the HTML source code it's Simple PHP Blog. Considering the favicon is the same and the over all look of your site is very similar to that one I'd conclude that it is indeed that.

We're in the process of electing another president of the united states.  Voting will take place sometime in November and the new president will take over sometime early next year, replacing Mr. George Bush.  Right now, debates are going on; that is, the two candidates stand in front of lots of people and get asked questions and they have to give answers and pretty much tell us why they should be president and the other person should not. 

And the most important thing: Lies! Make the opponent look really bad and evil. Use smear campaigns and TV spots where you take quotations completely out of context thus making it seem like the opponent said something they never said.

The most funny part is that people actually believe the shit they say.

With the economic crisis we are currently in, this is the first year i actually wated part of the debate.  I am still no sure if i am even going to vote because i basically have to choice who is going to lies less because i don't think anyone keep all campaign promisses.  I think i would lean towards obama for the fact that the economy seems to do well under democrats(from what i read) add i would rather see take cuts for the middle class than the upper class and hope the "trickle down effect" actually works but i don't trust the high executives and CEOs of compnay(like AIG spend 440,000 of an executive retreat with golf and spas and crap when that were just given 85 billion from the fed to prevent chapter 11 and also guys like the CEO of lehman brothers who made 106 million after his company failed).

Also i know that smear campaigns works, but personally the more you attack a opponent instead of attack the real issue, the less trust i have for you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.