New milestone reached!

nrg_alpha

Well, posting speeds vary depending on the individual and their life circumstances (not that it's a race or anything). I just never posted 1000 times on any particular site before (first time for everything as they say).

The highest I've seen is something like 130k+. I can't remember where that is though.

Really? I suppose the question is, is it genuine responses built up over time, or was this person just replying to anything just to jack up the post count?

In either case, that number is staggering in forum posting terms.

Well, from the sounds of it, seems pretty much 'legit' and not padded... all the more impressive.

Geez, even just 6 or 7k eclipses my 'posting accomplishments' (bad choice of words, I know) considerably, but 130k... if only I had a dollar for every post at that rate.

I've seen a couple sites where members have 100k+, the only one that comes to mind is the IGN board (forget the URL), it's some sort of gaming site.  I recall multiple members having a massive amount of posts.

You would think that to amass those kind of numbers, one would pretty much eat, breathe and sleep forum posting...

Yeah true, I think they averaged like 30 posts a day.  Plus the forums were started in the late 90's.  So 30 posts for 10 years would total over 100k.

Yea, I need to get to 7,000 just to beat out redarrow...but man is that tough!

:) Time to start expanding the forums I post in!

EDIT:

I should also say, that I will not just post random stuff to get that milestone. My posts will still matter and be meaningful (for the most part :P )

Yea, I need to get to 7,000 just to beat out redarrow...but man is that tough!

:) Time to start expanding the forums I post in!

haha yeah.  As far as expanding forums, I usually just click on, "Show unread posts since last visit".  I believe it lists from every section.

Hrmmm I don't even pay attention to my post count anymore except for when I see the first digit change every couple of months.  I probably will freak out though if I ever break 10k.

Well, by current count ( 6,140 ), you only have 3860 more posts to go before you lose it ;)

There are only two forums I've hit 1,000 posts - this one and a torrent site I use - mainly for the community as there are quite a few techie forums there I help out on.

Now my social position has changed I can now visit from work without risk of trouble so I'll be posting a lot more.

Today alone I've been on here for a little over 4 hours solid.

There are only two forums I've hit 1,000 posts - this one and a torrent site I use - mainly for the community as there are quite a few techie forums there I help out on.

Now my social position has changed I can now visit from work without risk of trouble so I'll be posting a lot more.

Today alone I've been on here for a little over 4 hours solid.

You can definitely get a lot more in when you're at work.  I usually do some work, for a half an hour or so, and make a post or two when I need a break.  It's also nice because we don't use any PHP at work.

Same here - in fact this is the most posts I've ever had on a forum. Picked up a lot when I started working my current job, and seen as I do work with PHP, I find it pretty easy to solve problems as you're already in the right mindset.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.