Asian women - Good OR Bad?

dreamwest

Btw am not talking just like that but with experience. My fiance is american me an asian.

I've met an Indian who is stupid, you are an Indian, therefore you are stupid. Same kind of logic, so would you agree with my conclusion?

nope coz 1. Bcoz the example is very racist. 2. Indians arent stupid if that were true why most of the employees at nasa, microsoft, ibm etc etc are indians? 3. I love my fiance i was talkn what i have read and seen conducted researches wise. My fiance aint like that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indians arent stupid if that were true why most of the employees at nasa, microsoft, ibm etc etc are indians?

I think you need to take a course on logic. That's a crap argument. That there is a majority of X kind of people in Y, and there are some clever people in Y does not automatically mean that the aforementioned X are also generally clever. In fact, X may be incredibly stupid, or really smart or something else. The only thing you can tell about X is that there are a lot of them at Y.

For all I know, the Indians could have the low level, entry jobs while all the higher positions are occupied by other kinds of people.

The point in my previous post was of course that you cannot conclude something based on only one or a few observations. That is a common logical fallacy known as a "hasty generalization".

3. I love my fiance i was talkn what i have read and seen conducted researches wise. My fiance aint like that.

Then why did you say:

Btw am not talking just like that but with experience. My fiance is american me an asian.

?

For all I know, the Indians could have the low level, entry jobs while all the higher positions are occupied by other kinds of people.

oh please are u serious about that? Well then wonda why my cousins in usa has high level job. Works for nasa oh my bro in law is an astronaut btw works for ur nasa and had been to the ISS 2 times already and again assigned by nasa for another 1 next 2010 october. And i wonda why am arguing over indian issue. Am an indian by accident but an assamese by blood.

ah okay I get it.  So when you say he's your bro-in-law, you really meant he's your cousin, eh?

You know, I'm just gonna throw this out there... maybe your cousins in the usa are really, oh I don't know..janitors or something? Work in the lobby souvenir flower shop?  Lawnmowers?  I'm just wondering, because I know if it were me going to another country, and I got a job at something like nasa, I think it'd be funny to write home and tell my cousin I was an astronaut.  Then I could be like "Haha, I fooled you!"  Or maybe keep it going as long as possible because I'm too embarrassed to say I sell rocket ship snow globes to whiny brats all day...whatever the case may be.  Just sayin', that's what I'd do.  I could understand if someone else did that to.  Right on. 

Also, as mentioned earlier one person from an ethnic group being an astronaut does not mean that one can conclude that everyone from that specific group is suited to be an astronaut.

unless you go take the tour. I hear this year they let you try on the astronaut gear. Yep, they let you suit up and everything.  Hey if you go, be sure to say hi to xcoder's cousin.

Hahaha u guys just want to insult me dont u? I can prove my words. and i was not teling al ths to b anythin great but just to let u people know that u dnt cut down any people like this. U people trying to be a racist just being careful enough so that ur site do not get a bad name so u all are controlin. But the fact wil always remain u guys r bunch of racist.  I did not insult ur country but was trying to explain something nd then sudenly 1 starts with indians are stupid :-) what a shame 

Wel maybe and yup there is a lil problem with my english too and yep what i was trying to explain turned into something else but whateva u stil do not insult some country. Yup where i live people do not like india coz etc etc reason which i sure do not want to share atleast with people here. but stil that do not mean u just cal indian stupid, thats no example

My girlfriend of about 2 years is Asian. She's not "my asian girlfriend" to me, she's my girlfriend [period]

Kind of like democrats painting Obama as the "black president" of the USA and if you disagree with him you must be racist... there is no such title as the black president of the usa, obama is the president of the usa and people should be able to disagree with him the same way they were able to disagree with every other president.

I think it is very superficial to say "I'm going to get an asian wife" or whatever... you are going to base who you want to spend your life with based on their nationality? Seriously?

xcoderx, it seems like you are following a bit of a double standard here.  It's ok to stereotype Asian and "western" women, but Indians, oh that's a line you just can't cross?

When Daniel0 originally insulted Indians, it was to prove a point.  I'm not sure if he does or does not think that Indians in general are less intelligent than people of other races (not exactly being the ignorant type, I would assume Daniel0 recognizes that people of all calibers of intelligence exist in all groups), and whether he thinks so or not cannot be concluded from that statement.

He was simply rewording what you were saying about Asian/Western women in an attempt to show you what you were doing; I don't think he meant any harm.

Blerh, I shouldn't even be typing this since I don't think your issue is with me lol.  *Goes back to minding his own business*

Oh seriously come on, xcoderx. Look up what "reading comprehension" means and get some skills in that. Nobody insulted anything Indian here. It's just you who are making up shit.

I said that IF your logic was correct THEN I would be able to conclude that all Indians are stupid. However, your logic is NOT correct so I haven't said anything about Indians at all. My point is that using hasty generalization, you can conclude ANYTHING. So get some skills in logic/argumentation as well.

By the way, my father can beat your father, and in a parallel universe my uncle is king of the world.

When Daniel0 originally insulted Indians, it was to prove a point.  I'm not sure if he does or does not think that Indians in general are less intelligent than people of other races (not exactly being the ignorant type, I would assume Daniel0 recognizes that people of all calibers of intelligence exist in all groups), and whether he thinks so or not cannot be concluded from that statement.

Yeah, all I did was to apply xcoderx' faulty logic on things I knew he for sure would disagree with to show, well... that his logic was faulty.

... and saying all western women are xyz isn't? And just to be clear here, by "western women" we all really mean "american" women.

Just to clarify, when people say western they should mean the following;

Westerncultures_map.png

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_world

That desn't mean that they do, but these

Countries generally considered part of Western Civilization

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.