Stupendous Staf

:hail_freaks: After reading that other topic (you know the one I'm talking about) I felt I needed to say something that has been on my mind for a while:

:thumb-up:THIS IS A GREAT SITE!!  :thumb-up:

I want to especially thank the Administrators for managing this site and keeping it going.  It is, by far, the best peer-help site I have ever had the privilege of visiting.  I know you guys work hard to maintain the site; hardware, software, users, etc.  And you deserve a big thanks.

The moderators, I'm sure, also work hard keeping topics where they belong, and generally trying to bring order out of chaos.  Thank you!

To all the PFR's and Guru's, Thanks!  I appreciate the fact that you freely share your knowledge.

I have learned a lot from this site.  Just reading through the topics, I pick up ideas, suggestions, and warnings that help make me a better programmer.  I've tried to give back to the community, but I don't know how I can ever keep the books balanced.  There is so much to learn here.  I have not posted many questions -- in fact only one, and although no one had an answer for me, I posted the solution once I found it, to help anyone else who came across a similar problem -- but I read a lot of topics.  I've learned a great deal about RegEx (which has always been my nemesis) from this site.  I've picked up quite a few security pointers in areas that I never would have thought could be a problem.  I've even picked up a couple of SQL pointers.

To all you guys (and gals?) that help keep this place running smoothly, and all you members who ask questions that make people think -- KUDOS! -- Keep up the good work. 

And a Great Big THANKS to Eric 'phpfreak' Rosebrock for founding this site!  If it wasn't for you, I'd probably be surfing through idiotic videos on Utube.

And before anyone comments, I intentionally left out the first "f", not the second one.  ;)

Much appreciated David!  You'll find that the longer you stick around (throwing your 2 cents into those interesting topics), the more you'll learn.  At least that's the way I started out.  [ot]Although, I did start out with a book before I came to this site.  I used that book so much that the pages started falling out and the spine of it began to wither and break.[/ot]

Recruiting officer said I'll have all women I want if I join this site. He didn't say though, they'll be in lossy compression format.

Anyway, I've probably learned more than half of my PHP knowledge here. Partly because some problems I do not encounter in my job, but I can try to solve them here :)

[ot]Although, I did start out with a book before I came to this site.  I used that book so much that the pages started falling out and the spine of it began to wither and break.[/ot]

[ot]That could just mean that the book had been poorly put together. I work in publishing business and we receive whole runs straight from the printing house that have pages falling out.[/ot]

I agree and it's always nice to see these sort of threads.  The staff does a wonderful job here enforcing the rules, taking care of the forums, adding new features, and making this a pleasant and productive place to help and learn.  So hats off to you guys and keep up the good work!

Anyway, there's first 'f' missing from the subject.

Did anyone else read the topic title as "Shifty Staff" instead of "Shity Staff"? I coulda sworn it said "Shifty Staff" when I first looked at this board.

And before anyone comments, I intentionally left out the first "f", not the second one.  ;)

;)

The moderators, I'm sure, also work hard keeping topics where they belong, and generally trying to bring order out of chaos.  Thank you!

I'd also like to thank the phpfreaks staff.  Mostly myself.  Because I'm just so damn awesome.  And sexy.  If it weren't for me, I would not be here.

Hmmm... I was bout to mention to David with regards to moderators, yeah, they work hard at keeping topics where they belong and such, except for CV.. he just spams the hell out of anything that moves (if you think his 10K+ posts are all good answers to good (or idiotic) questions, dream on  :tease-01:)

We should come up with some form of "PhpFreak-ism" term which describes the ratio of helpful answered posts relative to nonsensical ones that amount to a bowl full of dog snot) and attach a ratio number to it. Will help members see the 'real' helpful numbers. ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.