LOOSERS

In your "RULES" you should include a guideline on "HOW TO GIVE SMART ANSWERS" or "HOW TO READ A QUESTION AND UNDERSTAND SO YOU COULD HAVE A CHANCE TO ANSWER"

DELETE my account. I have no time to post here only to ready your people's arrogant answers. YOU CAN HAVE THIS PLAY FIELD ALL FOR YOURSELF ... your little freak environment - KEEP PLAYING GOD UNTIL THE NEXT BREEZE WILL DUST YOU AWAY, loosers!

You might want to elaborate on exactly what exactly you're so dissatisfied about. Otherwise we stand little chance of improving, let alone knowing what you're even talking about.

'

Daniel, have you never heard of the term "Troll" before?

Whilst the tone of the post may not be appropriate, the suggestion is a good one.

There is an article linked in the forums rules (#17): How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. Inside that article there is a short section entitled, "How To Answer Questions in a Helpful Way". However useful that section of the linked article is, I doubt many reading the PHPFreaks rules would reach it!

Maybe I didn't read the rules page thoroughly enough (it's possible!) but some guideline(s) on answering questions would be a useful addition, in my view.

I'm not exactly sure how the responses to his topic could in any way be considered inappropriate though. If it's because he didn't understand the replies it's just a matter of asking for clarification. It's not easy determining how detailed your reply needs to be when the original question is very sparse with information. So once more, it comes down to asking the right question.

For reference, this is the topic: http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,282598.0.html

Hmm.. digging through zeroge's 3 posts... seems wildteen88 must have set (him/her) off when he mentioned it would be better to learn PCRE instead of POSIX. I think zeroge was expecting the complete answer in PCRE handed to (him/her) (as opposed to taking some self initiative and learning some PCRE in advance - you know the kind I refer to.. people who ask for fish every day instead of learning how to fish on their own kind of thing).

From how it looks here, I think zeroge simply has a short temper with little patience / respect for the community at large. Also given (he/she) has only registered today, and how (he/she) conducts (himself/herself), I don't think it will be a terrible loss for the community. I don't sympathize with immature members who openly act unprofessional and insult others. I would understand [a tad more] if wildteen88 was impolite or issued some form of snide remark, but this is not the case.

There will always be an unfortunate share of intolerable members who lash out at the slightest problem. There's nothing any of us could have done otherwise (except perhaps hand the solution on a silver platter.. which we do sometimes, while other times we encourage fellow members to take some initiatives - either way, all at the expense of volunteered time, of course).

Hmm.. digging through zeroge's 3 posts... seems wildteen88 must have set (him/her) off when he mentioned it would be better to learn PCRE instead of POSIX. I think zeroge was expecting the complete answer in PCRE handed to (him/her) (as opposed to taking some self initiative and learning some PCRE in advance - you know the kind I refer to.. people who ask for fish every day instead of learning how to fish on their own kind of thing).

From how it looks here, I think zeroge simply has a short temper with little patience / respect for the community at large. Also given (he/she) has only registered today, and how (he/she) conducts (himself/herself), I don't think it will be a terrible loss for the community. I don't sympathize with immature members who openly act unprofessional and insult others. I would understand [a tad more] if wildteen88 was impolite or issued some form of snide remark, but this is not the case.

There will always be an unfortunate share of intolerable members who lash out at the slightest problem. There's nothing any of us could have done otherwise (except perhaps hand the solution on a silver platter.. which we do sometimes, while other times we encourage fellow members to take some initiatives - either way, all at the expense of volunteered time, of course).

Yeah, Just a shame that when people go through all the trouble to help you (for free) they would just flip them off. Knowledge is more powerful than content, anyone will know that when it comes to ...Life.

EDIT:

DELETE my account.
This is ironic, as I bet he'd be checking back and be disappointed no one needed to.

I wonder what "Loosers" are?  People that leave the doors open so that their pets get out, or careless zookeepers, or perhaps just people who have to keep redoing their shoelaces?  Shame that zeroge won't be back to fill us in on this fascinating concept.  I know I will hardly be able to get to sleep because my mind will be working overtime as I attempt to untangle this riddle inside an enigma inside a mystery.  "LOOSERS INDEED!" and why are they plagued by THE DUSTY BREEZE!  ArghhhhhhhhhhH!!!!!!!

Upon reading this topic I expected to go and view the OP's thread and find an exceedingly blunt answer. I was rather surprised that they had an informative answer complete with links and no hint of a 'holier than thou' attitude which I know is present in some posts (probably including my own, I can get a little short and to the point when people piss me off).

Loosers - People who have to undo their belt after eating too much Christmas Dinner?

In your "RULES" you should include a guideline on "HOW TO GIVE SMART ANSWERS" or "HOW TO READ A QUESTION AND UNDERSTAND SO YOU COULD HAVE A CHANCE TO ANSWER"

DELETE my account. I have no time to post here only to ready your people's arrogant answers. YOU CAN HAVE THIS PLAY FIELD ALL FOR YOURSELF ... your little freak environment - KEEP PLAYING GOD UNTIL THE NEXT BREEZE WILL DUST YOU AWAY, loosers!

Another blabbering idiot...  You did nothing right and blatantly didn't read any guidelines for posting questions on this board.  You're lucky you even got a decent response.  Go back under the bridge you came from, we don't have time for trolls like you, LOOSER!!

Another blabbering idiot...  You did nothing right and blatantly didn't read any guidelines for posting questions on this board.  You're lucky you even got a decent response.  Go back under the bridge you came from, we don't have time for trolls like you, LOOSER!!

That is what I believe is called, 'feeding the troll'

But I do find it funny, the original thread, he sure snapped somewhere. Good watch.

That is what I believe is called, 'feeding the troll'

But I do find it funny, the original thread, he sure snapped somewhere. Good watch.

Feeding the troll is when an irate newcomer expresses his sensitive feelings and low self esteem to a foreign community just to grasp their attention...and the community bites (like a fish), therefore feeding the troll.

This troll has accumulated 2 pages so far... I'd say that's enough.  LOCKED