Keyboard

hackalive

Didnt knwo where to put this so feel free to move it, what is the best keyboard (or what do you use) for programming PHP, and which mice do you also like to use?

Hope to hear your opinions

Assuming you're talking about developing in general, I really don't have a preference.  I use w/e keyboard is in front of me.  If you feel uncomfortable with your current setting, then you should make the investment in new equipment.  Now gaming is a different story...

I wouldn't get any of them. They're all wireless and require batteries, and you never have any sitting around when they run out. Plus, they're probably made with scissor switches - I personally prefer proper mechanical switched keyboards.

I personally prefer proper mechanical switched keyboards.

QFT

Not to mention that wireless keyboards/mice can have "lag times" and be a bit flaky at times and do sporadic movements. If you do go wireless, do not get bluetooth. Nothing worse then a bluetooth keyboard/mouse.

Ugh, tell me about it. I had a Logitech MX 5000 (or something like that) keyboard / mouse combo a couple of years back and it had this LCD screen on it (cool, right) that you couldn't switch off, and drained the batteries like anyones business. Then, it decided to never want to work when booting my machine, I had to disconnect the BT receiver and then plug it back in for it to recognise the keyboard... Though, that might have just been down to poor Linux support.

I just got and love:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109156

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826782002

Cheap, high quality, very highly rated. I have a gel rest mousepad, and am looking for a keyboard wrist rest, but other than that missing piece, they rule :D

Looks to me that there are quite a few people claiming certain keys cease to work after a short period of time. Coincidence?

Over my years of experince with keyboards, andlazor/ball/optical mice MS and Logitech do the same for keyboard(Quality), but not true with mice. Do NOT use a microsoft mice. I've been regretting it. All logitech mice I've used never lose control and put the mouse to the top-right of the screen but MS mice seem to have that problem. Do realize I buy cheap mice/keyboards.

I never use wireless mice/keyboard as I don't see whats the benefit and you have to replace the batteries.

Over my years of experince with keyboards, andlazor/ball/optical mice MS and Logitech do the same for keyboard(Quality), but not true with mice. Do NOT use a microsoft mice. I've been regretting it. All logitech mice I've used never lose control and put the mouse to the top-right of the screen but MS mice seem to have that problem. Do realize I buy cheap mice/keyboards.

I never use wireless mice/keyboard as I don't see whats the benefit and you have to replace the batteries.

I obliterated my PC's mouse somehow during some activity, so am using a (Not too bad, laptop,) wireless one. Dunno if it has a standby mode, but I've left it on for a good 4-5 months and it serves its purpose with high sensitivity.

Sometimes I prefer the mousepad or structure more than the mouse, It's nice to be able to type and use my thumb to track-pad on my laptop at virtually the same time with no hand movement required.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.