What do you think of the new look of these forums?

smerny

What do you think of the new look of these forums?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new look of these forums?

• Want the old one back
    • Like the new one
    • Doesn't matter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

overall, i like it.

couple thoughts, though.

when in a forum, and you have the list of threads, they all seem a little squished together.  not much padding in each column/row.  just a little tough on the eyes.

as well,

[size=6pt]everything in the code tags is microscopic .. i have to zoom in just to be able to read it, but in turn, that makes everything else huge.[/size]

other than that, it's clean and simple (not in a bad way).

good work!

as well,

[size=6pt]everything in the code tags is microscopic .. i have to zoom in just to be able to read it, but in turn, that makes everything else huge.[/size]

Yeah that's a general problem. I remember making it larger every single time we've upgraded.

Edit: Made it larger now (clear cache). Better?

I wonder what a quote inside of a quote looks like right about now

as well,

verything in the code tags is microscopic .. i have to zoom in just to be able to read it, but in turn, that makes everything else huge.

So here's another test quote

Yeah that's a general problem. I remember making it larger every single time we've upgraded.

EDIT: Is it just me or is JUST this board in particular not adhering to the new theme.

as well,

much better.  thanks Daniel.

Love the new look! (the header feels a tad bulky though. I would ditch the Simple Machines logotype, but that's just me). Otherwise, the place looks more vibrant!

I know that badged members usernames are generally coloured to match their badge (which is alright), but I'm actually digging the orange colour for the username in their post (the username that appears above their avatar). But then again, if left alone, it might be strange in conjunction with seeing all the coloured usernames at the top of each thread showing who has responded how many times.

Overall though, definitely looks more professional and lightweight! Good stuff! :)

I've done a couple of changes to the layout:

• Split replies/views into separate columns (like before).

Nice job, but you only did it for the board view.  You forgot the unread and unreadreplies files as well. Just another SMF annoyance I found out when doing the highlighting for the solved posts. 

You should keep record off what you just did so we can all work collaboratively on a PHPFreaks SMF Mod, instead of repetitively installing 10+ mods per upgrade.  Maybe use the work with trac on it.

I've done a couple of changes to the layout:

• Split replies/views into separate columns (like before).

Nice job, but you only did it for the board view.  You forgot the unread and unreadreplies files as well. Just another SMF annoyance I found out when doing the highlighting for the solved posts.

Yea that's something that I would like fixed next... otherwise it's starting to look better for sure.

might just be me, but i find the tightness of the threads quite hard to scan through.

i turned to GraseMonkey (FF extension), to alter the padding and find this to be much like the previous look.  of course, i can just keep my mouth shut and continue on with GM, but i just thought i'd share.

changed padding from 3px to 10px:

table.table_grid td
{ padding: 10px; }

produces:

[attachment deleted by admin]

i turned to GraseMonkey (FF extension), to alter the padding and find this to be much like the previous look.

I did the same, only with slightly less (8px) padding and a number of other tweaks (like removing the header entirely). It was difficult to scan the thread list otherwise.

I seem to have lost the ability to mark threads as solved or I can't find the link to do so.

I was going to say how I didn't link the combining of the replied/viewed data, but you already took care of that

Split replies/views into separate columns (like before).

Looking better each time I come back.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.